Attorney at law
Romanian and European Trademark and Design Attorney
Mobile: +40 (743) 023 286
Delia Belciu is the founding partner of DB Law Office. She runs the office around a basic principle “I really like what I do”.
From the perspective of credentials and specialties, she’s a master of European intellectual property law and a practitioner in all aspects of intellectual property and other related fields like IT, Technology, Media, Data Protection & Privacy, Advertising, Consumer Protection, Life Sciences & Pharma.
Delia describes herself as a problem-solver. “I like the challenge of making sense of the facts of a client’s problem and how they relate to the law.” To do this well, Delia believes that listening to her client is foremost among her skills. “No one knows how a business works better than those who have the hands-on experience.” With this information in mind, Delia turns her attention to how the facts of the client’s situation fit within the purview of the law. “I enjoy the challenge of working to resolve the messiness of the facts with the prescriptions of the law.”
Delia is happy to represent her clients in courtrooms and boardrooms. “It can be deceptively easy to convince yourself, your client, and your associates that you have the legal arguments all worked out, but the final and real test is before a judge. This is the ultimate challenge.”
Delia’s success in her work is reflected in the recognition that she’s received from her peers in the legal and IP world. The international directory WTR 1000 ranked Delia as a “Leading Trademark Professional (Silver Band)” in its 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions, while Managing Intellectual Property recommends Delia as an “IP Star” in its 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions.
Another telling indicator of Delia’s professional standing, as well as her commitment to her profession, comes from her current teaching European intellectual property law to master’s degree students in the Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes, an institute affiliated to Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne, France. “I try to engage the students with the types challenges that a practitioner in the field of intellectual property will face. I don’t try to pump their heads full of facts about the law. I try to teach them how to think critically and imaginatively about how to address these issues.”
Delia works in Romanian, English, French and has good knowledge of Spanish.
Professional Licensing and Memberships
- Delia is a licensed European trademark and design attorney, and a member of the Romanian National Chamber of Industrial Property Attorneys (CNCPIR) and the Bucharest Bar.
- Delia’s professional affiliations include the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and The European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA), where she is the Chair of the Internet Committee and a member of the Professional Affairs and Publications Committees, as well as the ECTA Council.
- DB Law Office is the member for Romania within the IT IP Law Group, a tight network of legal professionals in the areas of intellectual property rights (IP) and IT law and a member within ASEMER – The Association of Spanish Enterprises in Romania. Delia is representing ASEMER in the Pharma Task Force which functions within the Coalition for the Development of Romania, (Coalitia pentru Dezvoltarea Romaniei), a private initiative that brings together the most representative business sector organizations in Romania.
- 2006 – Master Degree in Intellectual Property, Contracts, Competition Law, Transfer of Technology- with honours, Centre for International Industrial Property Studies, Robert Schuman University, France
- 2005- Maîtrise European and International Law, Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes
- 2005 – Law Degree, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest